Surgery Patient Information
Get Informed About Cataract Surgery for Your Eyes
What You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
Before Your Cataract Surgery
Potential Complications of Cataract Surgery
- Dislocation of the intraocular lens
- Inflammation of the eye
- Light sensitivity
- Macular edema (central retina swelling)
- Ocular hypertension (elevated pressure of the eye)
- Photopsia (perceived light flashes)
- Posterior capsule opacity (PCO)
- Ptosis (droopy eyelid)
Additional Cataract Services
Don’t let cataracts diminish your view of the world. Our cataract surgeons can implant lenses to give you clear—or even corrected—vision.
When a cataract causes vision problems, we may recommend cataract surgery.
Standard v. Refractive Cataract Surgery
Learn about the difference between standard and refractive cataract surgery.