Effective Treatment for Closed-Angle Glaucoma
What is Laser Iridotomy?
Side Effects of Laser Iridotomy
- A brief period of blurred or unclear vision
- Swelling in the cornea
- Mild bleeding
- Increased eye pressure
- Further blurring of the eye lens
- Closure of the eye opening
- Recurrent episodes of closed-angle glaucoma
- Occurrence of some other type of glaucoma
- Continuing medication
- Double vision or glaring due to the entrance of light through the new eye opening
If your eye doctor recommends this procedure, don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have. The ophthalmologists at Rock Hill Eye Center will make sure you get the best treatment possible for your condition.
Additional Glaucoma Services
Find out more about glaucoma, it's symptoms and treatments.
Treating glaucoma successfully is a team effort between you and your eye doctor.
Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty
Selective laser trabeculoplasty is a treatment to lower pressure in glaucoma patients.
XEN Gel Implant
The XEN Gel Stent is an eye implant used to lower intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients.
Filtration surgery reduces the intraocular eye pressure inside the patient’s eye.